Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

How do I know if a certain website is a scam, There’s a

How do I know if a certain website is a scam
JA: Oh, dear. I'm sure the Fraud Examiner can help you. Please tell me everything you can so the Fraud Examiner can help you best.
Customer: There’s a website that supposedly does background checks for employment. It costs £7 I submitted my application but realised I didn’t get a verification email. It brings you to this chat page just like this one and the person sends the link telling me to verify that it’s my bank but the question is what is my customer number, security number and password ***** I do a lot of online shopping and I have never been asked that before so I thought it was strange so I called my bank just to make sure and they said it was strange that they was asking me I Also have the screenshots of the person in the chat box the questions she was asking me was quite strange. So I thought I should report it. I then realised the money hasn’t actually come out my account even though I put my long card details so I realised that was quite weird too. I’m very weary about these things.
JA: Is there anything else the Fraud Examiner should be aware of?
Customer: she also asked the verification code from my bank that they send To me on text which was very weird

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about that.

If you have reasons to believe that it was fake website /scamsters. First thing you should do is to inform your bank immediately and notify them about this incident, so that they can block any attempt by the scamsters to take money out from your account.

Secondly change any passwords, or any other information shared with them

Last but not least report it to the Action fraud UK team.

You can make a complaint to them using the below weblink-

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Share all the information , including those screen shots with them , so that they can investigate and take action against the scamsters.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay thank you for your help

My pleasure , thanks again.