12826847

I was issued a parking with a parking charge by a private

Hi , I was issued a parking with a parking charge by a private company . I am disabled and forgot to show our blue badge - it’s been passed to debt collector which I have had a live web chat with !! Threatening court action etc . Do I have to pay in legal terms
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Brighton football ground !! Amex stadium
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: they have threaten me to pay if I don’t court action will happen or so they say
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you - hi
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
just talk via live chat , and debt collection company - Debt recovery plus they are called
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Should I pay !! - as I found out original charge is a invoice ??
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sorry are you there still please ??

Are you asking if you are liable?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
by law do I have to pay !!
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
If it goes to court- I appeal to the company but they turned me down

Was this an area that would have accepted your blue badge?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it was , which I have but didn’t show - as I am disabled too
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Can you help please !!

There is nopoint in engaging with debt collectors. Whatever you say they are never goingto agree with you.

They have nopower anyway. They do not dictate whether or not you will pay. The court doesthat.

If you want toargue this then just invite them to Sue you if they think they have a case andignore them . If they issue a court summons then you can take this to court onthe basis that they have suffered no loss because you were entitled to parkthere.

There is nopoint in telling them that is your defence because they will tell you that thatpoint has been lost arising from the case of beavis . The truth is that casewas decided upon entirely different facts and so does not dispose of the point.

Overall, ifthings are as you say then you have a very good chance of success. But there isno point in declaring yourself to debt collectors

CanI clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simpleand easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happyto clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using ourservices.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions.Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”