12826847

We booked a cruise back in April for September and it was

We booked a cruise back in April for September and it was booked through Cruise.co.U.K. To which all money was paid in full. They cancelled in July and still
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Hastings
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: e.mail, texts to Cruise as well as Barclay Card who keep referring me to the shipping line saying my contract is with them, whereas it was booked through Cruise. I still have not had a refund
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Todate Barclay card have put the payment back to me inhold but only for 21 days

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Are you asking how to recover from them?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Not at this stage as I a a pensioner
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If there is chance of a,positive result I will have go this route of speaking to you but if it’s going to be a lengthy thing and pay more icant do it I will have,to wait for bank to sort out the problem but this has gone,on,for so long

How much do they owe please?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
163;2002 excluding costs

Thanks for the information

Yes, you could sue overthis.

If this is a limited companyyou can also sue the directors. They areliable if they acted fraudulent or negligently.

You need to write to them todemand payment within 30 days and say that if they do not pay you, you willissue county court proceedings against them. See here for a guideline

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/letter/letter-before-small-claims-court-claim

You can issue here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

If this is under £10k thenthat is just a small claims court sum.

Even if it is under £25k thecosts are fixed.

You claim for the sum of theloss, interest at 8% per annum and the cost of issuing.

If you succeed then theywill have 14 days to pay in full and thereafter you can enforce using bailiffsif needed. You can also freeze theiraccount or seek a charge on their property.

Hope this helps.

Hopefully, Ihave answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Do you want a phone call now that I've answered?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Please go ahead
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will standby
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It’s come through on my wife’s phone so all good I will wait your call

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!”