Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Could you please tell me what happens if i issue a counter

Hello could you please tell me what happens if i issue a counter claim against a ccj and loose can i still pay on the day so as not to receive a ccj against my company ? thank you
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Im in Bristol but the claiment is in Leeds
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none as yet but my 14 days to counterclaim is tomorrow
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years experience.

1. May I clarify has a CCJ already been entered against you please or is the matter yet to be heard before a judge?
  2. If a CCJ has been entered against you, was this a default judgement that was entered because you did not respond to the original claim for example?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, Ive recently had a ccj claim entered against me on the 29th of October for the sum of £4428.00.
I also have an amount that was invoiced to them for £11500 to which i have not pursued as they are still awaiting payment from the client so thought only fair to hold off. If this goes to court and i loose the case can i still pay on the day and not receive a CCJ against me ?

Thank you - may I call you in the next 5 mins or so?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please

Thanks. Calling now...

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/772450/n9-eng.pdf

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/866787/N9B_web_0818_save.pdf