MR J
MR J, Lawyer
Experience:  Expert
110717895

I need advice re a property issue as the information i have

I need advice re a property issue as the information i have been given is not as the same as on the land register
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I checked the ownership of the property on the register (I had been told that there was only one name on the property) but the register shows that there are two. My main concern is around how that could be changed
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: Outer London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi and welcome to Justanswer.. I am a property lawyer and maybe able to assist in your query.. i will require a little bit of information.. have you paid any funds for this purchase or making an enquiry at this stage to then purchase?
Also how was the information provided to you? E.g. in writing?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Facts as follows: my partner (future husband) told me that only his name is ***** ***** number of properties. Land register shows that is not correct. My question is how do I find out if the two owners are joint tenants or tenants in common as this will explain a number of concerns I have
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please call
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you for taking my call. Questions answered.
If the property is held as tenants in common then there is likely to be a form a restriction in the charges register of the office copy of the property stating that no disposition by a sole proprietor is to take place without an order of the court. This can be applied for on form SEV to the land registry if there is no restriction currently in place and if it is currently held as joint tenants.
Thank you for your query with Justanswer.