Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My neighbour is having a roof extension. Their scaffolder

My neighbour is having a roof extension. Their scaffolder negligently allowed 2 unsecured steel sheets to blow off the top of scaffold damaging my roof in 3 places and causing £2000 of damage to my car. Someone could have been killed. I’m pursuing my neighbour for the £2000 to repair my car. At the time he said don’t worry it will be sorted out get a quote. Now he has received quote he is backtracking. Where to I stand?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: none, have just handed him quote for repairs which he has passed on to the scaffolding company.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Watford
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays.

Do you have the scaffolder's details?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have the name of the and phone number of company

As discussed, it appears you have a negligence cause of action against the scaffolder. Therefore you should take them to court, in the event payment is not made for the damage caused to your vehicle.

Please see attached a letter before action, which you can amend and send to the scaffolder. You should attach the evidence which shows that they are liable for the loss you suffered and the amount owed.

Send the letter to the business and follow up with a call 7 days thereafter to check they have received the letter.

Hopefully the letter will compel payment for the damage caused.

Assuming they do not respond this is one to consider court action.

In respect of court action, please return to JA and I or one of the expert will assist you with this position.

Thanks and stay safe.