james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am an employee under a fixed-term contract (39 weeks) but

Hi, I am an employee under a fixed-term contract (39 weeks) but have currently been in my job for a total of 86 weeks, from March 2019 to January 2021. I know redundancy pay is calculated after working for an employer for 2 years but I wanted to know whether this is lawful and if I am possibly entitled to anything because I have worked for 39 weeks in 2 consecutive years.
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have discussed with a manager but not with a lawyer
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.
The two year period, is actually two full uninterrupted years (104 weeks).

One year eleven and a half months would not even count, it MUST be two full completed years service.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thanks for the clarity, I assumed that would be the case. Seeing as I have worked past the fixed- term, does that qualify me for any additional rights at all?