Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Work related issues, leicester uk, i dropped a statement

Customer Question

Work related issues
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: leicester uk
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: i dropped a statement under duress now they want to know if I want to add or subtract to my statement
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No it’s only work issue
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hi there. Please explain the situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I had an incident at work involving a patient. So dat night I was asked a statement before going home,So I dropped a statement, in so much duress and pressure after which I was suspended for almost 4weeks. Now I got an email asking me if I want to add or subtract to my statement, it involves care setting
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Thank you. What is your specific query in relation to this please? and how long have you worked for this employer?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It’s through an agency. Approaching 2 years
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I want to know if it’s a good idea to change a statement
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

When you make a statement, you need to ensure that you are happy with its contents, because it is basically your evidence of the situation. You can change your statement if necessary, but only to correct any errors or inaccuracies, as you wouldn’t want the original statement, if it is incorrect, to be used as your evidence.

If you need to make changes to correct inaccuracies, and you are challenged over it – point out that the original statement was made under what you felt was like duress and so soon after the incident that your head simply wasn’t in the right space at the time.

Of course, if there is nothing that needs to be changed then you should not do anything.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I want to change the statement of what happened. But will the 1st one be used as a judgement base.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

No, not necessarily as you can always withdraw a statement and state that you no longer stand by it.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best