How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3712
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I have been suspended from work on allegations of gross

Customer Question

Good evening, I have been suspended from work on allegations of gross misconduct. My employer was involved in the incident yet conduct the investigation, interviewing witnesses and concluding I was to face disciplinary action. I was not asked for my side of events, After they discovered they had a flawed investigation investigation they out sourced the disciplinary process to an independent HR company who have now decided to conduct a reinvestigation.
JA: Have you discussed the suspension with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I have raised the issue of suspension with HR consultant and see has noted my comments
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee with 15 years service
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like advice on where I should go from here as I feel the whole process is a little unfair
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

As the employer messed up with the investigation, they have realised that error, and now outsourced the matter. The good thing is the HR company are reinvestigating the whole matter.

You therefore should wait to find out the outcome of the investigation.

If the worst happens and the company dismisses you, then you can always take the matter to an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I agree it is good they have out sourced the investigation, The witnesses have been hand pick by employer as she has known I have had conflict with them in the past. They are accusing me of using aggressive and abusive behaviour.
Expert:  james bruce replied 12 days ago.

Either party would of course choose witnesses to help their case. That even happens in court.

But again, as they messed up first time that would assist your case at tribunal.