JSM LAW
JSM LAW, Advocate
Experience:  Expert
110793410

Is it ok to use my moms bank card with her permission?? Uk,

Hi is it ok to use my moms bank card with her permission??
JA: Where are your moms? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have your moms taken so far?
Customer: my mom died in November after 4 years of Alzheimer’s she asked me to do all her banking and my dad backed her up in this
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: my brother is now stating I Av been stealing her low income just pension over the years

Good evening, thank you for contacting us here at just answer. I am a lawyer and looking into your question. Yes it ok however your mum has to be conscious that if anything was to happen with the account she is the account holder with the contract with the bank and she will be answerable to the bank. The fact that she would have allowed a third party to use the account without being a joint account holder opens her account to risk where you may lose her pin or card and she has to report the same to the bank against all the advice not to provide pins and cards to others. I am happy to guide and answer follow on messages should you have any goodluck.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi thanks my mom died in November and my brother is saying I spent all her money on my self but she only ad her state pension coming in and I paid all her bills out of it can they get the police onto me ??
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Her account is now closed I closed it after her death 25 11 20
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I made purchases on her account but gave dad the money back in cash