F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Jo, I have another issue relating to the above but regarding

Customer Question

Good morning Jo, I have another issue relating to the above but regarding the financial settlement. I had agreed and signed to say i was happy with the financial settlement even though some of the reasons for settlement and divorce were not 100% accurate. I wanted to be as fair as possible and in fact gave a lot more away than i was advised to. The judge as far as I know has not ruled on the settlement as yet. Can the financial settlement be rescinded, I still want to divorce but as an agreed rule regarding our children has been broken, I do not now feel it is fair for my ex to have such generous settlement.
Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

what has been broken?

and now you wish to rescind the settlement?

Expert:  F E Smith replied 13 days ago.

If it hasn’t been sealed by the court, you can withdraw the offer and change your mind and offer something else.

The divorce itself is totally separate from any arrangement with regard to finances or children.

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For FES only”.

That only applies to new threads, not this one. You have me exclusively on this one.

Best wishes.

FES