How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2138
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

How to apply care allowance, Kent in Faversham, Can you send

Customer Question

How to apply care allowance
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent in Faversham
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Can you send me citizen advise bureau number please
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Send me number and talk with you
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

Hi there,

You could get £67.25 a week if you care for someone at least 35 hours a week and they gets certain state benefits.

You do not have to be related to, or live with, the person you care for.

You can make a claim for carer allowance online.

Before you apply make sure you have your:

  • National Insurance number (if you have a partner you’ll need theirs too)
  • bank or building society details (unless you get your State Pension)
  • employment details and latest payslip if you’re working
  • P45 if you’ve recently finished work
  • course details if you’re studying
  • details of any expenses, for example pension contributions or the cost of caring for your children or the disabled person while you’re at work

You also need details of the person you care for. You need their:

  • date of birth and address
  • National Insurance number if they’re 16 or over
  • Disability Living Allowance reference if they’re under 16

You can apply using the below weblink-

Expert:  Vineet S replied 11 days ago.

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.