How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7637
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I don’t know how to frame this but I’ll just briefly explain

Customer Question

Hi! I don’t know how to frame this but I’ll just briefly explain the situation So I had imported a vehicle from Dubai which was due for registration but due to pollution norms. I wasn’t able to do so. During this it was parked my friend’ place. It was reported to stollen from his place. After a 9 month search, the vehicle was finally recovered. But the people who stole the vehicle have claimed that they are rightful owner and have forged a few documents as well So my question is, that do they have a legal standing on this ? Or have any rights ? As they have sued me and claim that the vehicle is there
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: It’s based of London the car was manufactured in Germany, but bought from Dubai
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve filled a legal complaint against them, as the police advised
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I guess, that’s all information from my side
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.


If you have evidence of you buying the vehicle and importing it from Dubai, you may present this to support your claim that you are the rightful owner of the vehicle.

You may defend their claim by presenting such evidence and making a counterclaim against them for damages.

However, you may need to get proper legal representation to handle the court proceedings on your behalf.

May I help further?