UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have put an offer on a property in March 2020 which was as

Customer Question

Hi Pearl
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have put an offer on a property in March 2020 which was as advertised as no chain which was accepted. I then found out that there is a restriction on the property. K
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I was to my solicitor
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have told my solicitor i feel mislead and if they could get in contact with the person solicitor that has the restriction on the property but they are not helpful
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

Sorry to hear this. Have contracts been exchanged yet?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No not yet
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I just want to find out how much it would cost to get in contact with the solicitor dealing with the restriction to find out the time frame they need to remove the restriction from the property as its almost been a year. And what is causing the delay.

Legal fees depend from solicitor to solicitor. You may shop around for a different solicitor who is able to act for you properly and competently in connection with this matter.

You may also walk away from the transaction as contracts have not yet been exchanged and there is no legal obligation on either you or the seller to continue.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

All the best