SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

If an attorney notified me said was an heir of a family

Customer Question

If an attorney notified me said was an heir of a family member that died . How could I find out if it's true
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: In the UK
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Well I don't know if it's true or not . I have countless of emails of us corsponding . The name of the attorney is Colin M Richards. And the name of the desisted and date
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

Did you know the alleged deceased person? Where is this 'attorney' supposed to be from?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The attorney is from the UK the desisted last name is ***** ***** both husband and wife died in an accedent
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 11 days ago.

What type of 'attorney' is this person purporting to be?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 10 days ago.

Unfortunately it sounds as though this is one of the well known inheritance scams.

I can find no trace of a Colin M Richards either as a solicitor or barrister in England & Wales, which means he is not an authorised legal professional here.

Unless you personally knew the alleged deceased person, I'd say be very cautious about engaging any further with this person. There is very likely to be a request for you to pay a sum of money in order to receive the huge sum of money the person has allegedly left as inheritance...it doesn't exist. No one needs to pay money upfront to receive an inheritance in this country.

Feel free to ask clarification questions.