12826847

I received a letter from the police accusing me of

Customer Question

I received a letter from the police accusing me of dangerous,careless and inconsiderate driving and fail to stop and report accident. From what I can see someone reported that,but the thing is that on this day I did not drive at all. I was home and I have witnesses who can confirm that. What should I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None,I just received the letter
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

What are you trying to achieve?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I want to know what I should do about this
Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

Well obviously there are no magic ones that will make this go away. If you are being asked to name the driver using a section 172 request then you should do so because they will only prosecute you for failing to identify. If you are being asked to go in for interview then you should make arrangements to do so. If this is a dangerous driving then legal aid would probably be available.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 12 days ago.

If you ask a more specific question I could probably offer more.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.