How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7651
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My daughter was served with a child prevention order by

Customer Question

My daughter was served with a child prevention order by social services last night. Her name is***** ** but the papers were served in the name of Victoria ***. do we have any hope? JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any papers in family court? Customer: No as it was 6pm JA: Has she talked to a lawyer about this yet? Customer: Not yet hoping to at 9am JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: Her father is planning on taking her to the other end of the country today

Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me.

Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Can you confirm where in the UK you are please and exactly what the order stated?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

**** Tara ***is to live with father.Mr Graham *** due to concerns about her safe guarding support network

Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Thank you. And thank you for confirming the location.

If the father of the child is not from the area, then this will have been discussed by social services and justified in the making of the order. In this case there's little she can do at the stage to prevent him from taking her child to his home location, even if this is in a different area.

However, if he is from the local area and the threat to move away is something the court was not aware of, and this will prevent planned contact between the child and mother, then she can apply for an emergency "prohibited steps order" asking the court to rule that the child not be removed from the local area so as to maintain the relationship with her mother at this time, though "living with" her father.

This would be on the form c100, here:

She would need to contact the court when it opens at 9am and make it know that an emergency application needs to be made.

I hope that this helps.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court!

I am glad to help.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand.

I would be more than happy to clarify anything else for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

I am happy to answer any specific points arising from this.

Please be aware that my answer is based strictly upon the information you have given me.

If you still need any points clarifying, I will be happy to reply because the thread does not close. In fact, it remains open indefinitely.

I am always happy to answer any further questions you have on any new thread in which case, please start your question with, “ For PLCLEGAL only”.

That only applies to new threads, not this one. You have me exclusively on this one.

Thank you.

Take care and stay safe.

Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter