Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I am being emailed by someone who claims I owe them for a

Customer Question

I am being emailed by someone who claims I owe them for a rates negotiation. I have the contract and t states its a one off payment but he keeps coming back asking for last years payment - I have sent him a copy of the contract plus a repeated emails to leaveme alone.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing apart from email back to state I do not owe any monies and copies of the original contract
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Will this cost me money this service?
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 10 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. If your contract states that you were to pay a one off payment and you made that payment, please write to the person who is emailing you that you do not owe them any money as you complied with your obligation under the contract i.e. you made a one off payment and you require them to cease sending any further emails.

This usually helps.

If they come back to you with a valid reason under the contract that the payment is due feel free please to contact me and we will review it and let you know your options.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask me any follow up questions. I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, I have done this - he seems to come back on an annual basis with the same claims

Then unless he tells you that the payment he refers to is in addition to the one off payment and backs it up with the relevant contract clause I do believe you have nothing to worry about. You may want to respond to him and state that if he does not stop contacting you you may consider this as harassment.

I trust I have managed to help but as set out above - let me know if you have any other questions and I will be happy to help. Many thanks for using our services.