12826847

I have taken a studen finance loan and the universal credit

Customer Question

I have taken a studen finance loan and the universal credit witchis affected by this
JA: Where is the student? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have taken a studen finance loan and the universal credit which my family depends on has been drastically reduced . it makes no sense why a student loan is affecting universal credit as i have to pay back eventually the LOAN. Nobody will give me the universal credit fund lost in this process.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: London
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

What would you like to know?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Are you able to read the text i wrote?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Yes?

So what is your question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well is there anything i can do to stop universal credit beyin lowered by student finance?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have to pay back more than 3000£ now back to UC because of overpayment because of student finance
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry but I cannot give you good news. I'm afraid you are in difficulty here.

I have to tell you the truth.

Sadly, no. I appreciate your point; it has to be paid back at some point but the plain fact remains that you have funds that take you over the threshold for UC. They don’t consider whether the funds came from.

I mean, of course, you are not strictly entitled to UC if you are a full time student save for some exceptions.

I am sorry but I have to tell you the truth.

Do remember that I can only give you my opinion.

Another lawyer may have a different opinion. Litigation needs at least 2 parties and neither goes to court expecting to lose.

Nonetheless, one of them does, even though they have been told by their respective legal advisers that they have a good chance of success.

If there was a black-and-white answer to every legal problem there would be no need for anything to ever proceed to court.

The ultimate decision comes from a county court judge in a civil case or from the magistrate in a criminal case heard in the magistrates court or the jury in Crown Court.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.