Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My daughter was fined for drunk and disorder she was asking

Customer Question

My daughter was fined for drunk and disorder she was asking someone for directions she was assaulted by the police she is still having problems from where the cuffs were tighten there is video footage of a woman police officer pushing her for no reason they tried to arrest her for attacking a police officer but they came unstuck because they had turned there cameras off another police officer kept his on she want to appeal against the drunk and disorderly but not sure how to do it
JA: Does your daughter have any upcoming court dates on the charges?
Customer: No they want her to pay a fine
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Streatham South London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can she apply for legal aid shes a single parent has never been in any trouble before
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I am sorry to hear about your daughter.

When she was at the Police Station has she asked for a duty solicitor? If she has, has she filled any legal aid forms?

You can check here whether she could qualify for Legal Aid: https://www.gov.uk/legal-aid/eligibility

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No she didn't ask for a solicitor because she hadn't behaved in a disorderly manner
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No thank you I haven't got the funds to do a phone interview

Please do not request a call if you do not need one. We can speak here.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

If she did not ask for a solicitor she can approach one now and show her papers and ask if they could apply for Legal Aid. She will be asked for a proof of her earnings/benefits and certain outgoings and they will let her know if the can act for her under Legal Aid. You can check her edibility now when you click on the link I have provided above. I hope this helps.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions. I will be happy to help. In the meantime I trust this was helpful and thank you for using our services.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you think you will be able to advise we have tryed a couple of companies but there saying they don't deal with the type of service my daughter needs we looked to see if she can get legal aid
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Do you think I could come back on here in a hour or two I got a hospital appointment for 2 o'clock

Absolutely, please feel free to come back and ask more questions. I will be happy to answer them for you, to the extent I can on this platform.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi I have returned from my appointment is there any way you could recommended a solicitor in our area or surrounding area please
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That will deal with this problem and accept legal aid

If you click on the following link you will see all relevant solicitors in Streatham: https://www.google.co.uk/search?source=hp&ei=r9AvYNO3EpGWa-rlnugC&iflsig=AINFCbYAAAAAYC_evwG_dV5OgSYqHAukOlKCbrkC02yR&q=stretham+solictors+legal+aid&oq=stretham+solictors+legal+aid&gs_lcp=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&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiTy5vQmfbuAhURyxoKHeqyBy0Q4dUDCAk&uact=5

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you I have taken all the offices you sent i will try these

Pleasure. Best of luck and thank you for using our services.