12826847

A friend of mine got arrested for domestic violence being

Customer Question

Hello , a friend of mine got arrested for domestic violence being his first offence he was reminded in custody for 72 hours and then taken to Prison await a trial next month . Why was he not released on bail !?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I was contacted by the police if I can have him staying with me and I provided all the information required but he was not released . Why ?
JA: Does he have any upcoming court dates on the domestic abuse charges?
Customer: He was talk he will appear at at Albans court house on the 22nd March
JA: Where did the domestic abuse occur?
Customer: Stevenage . In his home had find out his wife cheated on him so he slapped here and his kid got scared and called the police on him because of all the shouting
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I feel that he was mislead by the free assistance given to him at the station taking in consideration he is illiterate can’t read or write .
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Probably because he had no other address and couldn't be bailed to the house with the complainant.

Obviously I won't know but that is most likely the objection.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Can Iclarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a waythat is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will bemore than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once againfor using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Why was he taken to jail when this was his first offence , can his wife drop the charges if any or being reminded in jail till his court hearing means he is charged with criminal offence
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 days ago.

In terms of dropp the case, they will probably summons her. That is their policy.