Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have heard that SPS Carrington have gone into liquidation.

Customer Question

I have heard that SPS Carrington have gone into liquidation. I paid them over £5k in January 2019 my case is still ongoing how can I get a refund of my money which I paid on a no win, no fee basis.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Glossop, Derbyshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have taken no steps as I only found out this morning
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 days ago.

Hello, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. How did you pay the money? Was it by Credit Card? Have you been contacted by the SRA? Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello I paid an initial deposit by credit card, the balance by bank transfer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
No I haven't been contacted by RSA
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 days ago.

Thank you. How much was the initial deposit? Did they ask you to sign a consumer credit agreement?

There are a few options:
- Another firm of lawyers will have to intervene and take over your case;

- You are creditor in the liquidation - if no funds are returned you will have to claim money from SRA compensation fund SRA compensation fund | The Law Society

Was the firm regulated by the SRA? Or did you receive a retainer letter?

I hope this has been helpful so far - thank you for visiting Just Answer today.

AJ

Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 days ago.

Hello, Thank you. As the company has gone insolvent - you will be able to at least claim the deposit back from your Credit Card company as a S.75 refund. The balance you will either have to make a claim in the liquidaiton and/or claim compensation from the SRA (if the company is a regulated firm of solicitors). Can you provide me with any further back ground? Thank you for visiting Just Answer today - I do hope this has been useful so far? Kind regards AJ