How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7628
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Next to kin document, UK, none, need a lawyer to draft a

Customer Question

Next to kin document
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: need a lawyer to draft a straight forward next to kin document
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.


Please give further details. I am a solicitor. Please note that this is not a law firm but an online Q&A forum.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I need to get this done for a friend - his aunty wants to appoint him as the next of kin. Her health is not great and she needs to get a document sorted ASAP.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

There is no such document in the UK but you may be referring to a Lasting Power of Attorney, see here for comprehensive information on this:

All the best

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is this not under will or probate?
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 10 days ago.

No, it is not the same thing. A will will govern her estate after she passes away, a lasting power of attorney will govern her affairs if she is unable to make decisions for herself.

She may make both documents, a Will and a lasting power of attorney.