How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12919
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I have a problem my Mobil company provides accused me that I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a problem my Mobil company provides accused me that I upgraded my current contract and resived the new mobile and I have to pay them £293.97 and £300 for other charges
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I call them and explained that it was not me the said call us after 14 days we will do our investigation I call the and after days the send me letter that I have to retain the mobile phone. I call them again and explained they said that the will stop the direct payment
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes my question is I would like to continue to pay my old payment (contract) which is £69 a month so the money will not accumulate
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

There is an Ombudsman to help you here given the dispute is with a mobile phone company.

You can allege breach of contract against the mobile company (you have consumer rights) - if they ask you to pay those charges.

Given the circumstances of your case I recommend that you make a formal complaint to the company and if that does not resolve the matter ask them for a final response letter (a "deadlock" letter).

Their website will have details of how to make a complaint to them - you must do this before you can ask the telecommunications Ombudsman to step in to help.

Once you have the deadlock letter the next step would be to escalate this to the Communications Ombudsman - they will investigate and liaise with the company which would hopefully result in a cancellation of the charges and to reinstate the old contract. They can also order the phone company to make a financial award if they have acted poorly.

The service is covered by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 so you have a right to expect a reasonable service - if they do not provide that then the regulator will step in but it also means you can sue for any damages or losses incurred as a result of the mobile company's conduct.

Once you have the mobile company's final response, assuming it does not help, you can escalate to the Ombudsman here:
Or by email: *****@******.***

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
When I write the letter should I mention all the conversation between me and the staff
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

Yes, if you mention the conversation and names if possible.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Last conversation the employees told me he solved the problems and stop the monthly direct payment and he gave me a reference number I asked him to send the conversation by letter he refused
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

OK, thanks. They should have a record of the discussion. The next step is make the complaint and wait for the final response. If they don't resolve then ask the Ombudsman to help. They won't take any action about the charges until all this is resolved by the Ombudsman anyway.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Better to send email or post letter
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
if your company help me to write the letter and help me with case how much it would cost me
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 11 days ago.

We can't as this is an internet forum, not a law firm. You should post it and you can also email a copy.