james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Hypothetically speaking, United Kingdom, no steps, If a

Customer Question

Hypothetically speaking
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: United Kingdom
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: no steps
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If a persons birth certificate was changed in order to make them seem as though they were born abroad, so family members can have a chance at life, what are the consequences.
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

The person who made the false changes could face numerous charges in the country where the certificate was issued and also in any country where they attempt to gain entry using the false certificate.

Offences such as: Fraud, deception, using a false instrument, just to start with, then there would be case specific legislation that could also be charged.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
if the person who committed this act was coerced into doing this when they were fairly new to the country and was widowed, Is it possible that the court would be lenient.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Being widowed would be no defence. As for coercion, they would have to prove this. Then also explain why they did not go to the authorities to report what they claim they were being forced to do.

Very unlikely they would have a defence. The authorities would most likely see it for what it is, a deliberate attempt to create false documents in an attempt to gain entry illegally.