Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I am looking for someone to look over a introducer contract

I am looking for someone to look over a introducer contract which has become a problem with a client whom I was sent to
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: East Grinstead West sussex
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Tried to get the introducer to speak with client but client apparently does not want to pay service fees or vat as has no contract for these .I am in the middle and will lose my income as introducer says I cannot work for client anymore but he has no problem with my work a very difficult situation
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My contract has no mention of figures or percentages of the required service fee so want someone to look at it and see if they are in breach of contract with me
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
This is the contract I have from my side which has no figures in

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thats fine
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Has anyone been found to answer the above question? Thanks

Can you explain a little more so:

There is Party A - do you work for party A the introducer?

Party B - You, Party A introduces the client to you?

C - the client, who buys services from you?

C does not want to pay the introduction fee due by them to Party A for introducing C to you Party B. You have a contract to sell goods or services to C but now Party A says well if they won't pay the introduction fee to me then you should not work with them because I introduced you? If that is correct do you do a lot of work with Party A because I can see that you could just carry on and sell to C but then Party A might refuse to introduce anyone else to you in future

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am getting clients through the introducer and working for a client but client c is not going to pay for services or salary through introducer as no contract for service fee .Party A the introducer wants to come after me for breach of contract how can that be and this is the first client I have with this party and she raised no contract with party C if that makes sense she has just bungled my salary 12 pound hour with her fee 6 pound a hr as 18 plus vat on this is why C has questioned this and wont pay as he believes he is being ripped off and me too
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (5MMG12S)

I understand. Well you have no agreement with him not to work with the client directly as far as I can tell so I do not see it is breach of contract. If you are not concerned about losing him as an introducer you could just say to the client, well I will work with you directly, my fee is £12 an hour here is a contract for my services if you are happy with that I can start as soon as you let me know you want me to work.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Now in Feb party C has been charged full amount plus vat just waiting to see that invoice my understanding is that vat can only be charged on the service fee and there should be a time limit on introducer fee and ccontract for this with client c who is elderly and doesnt understand and I care for wife with dementia who is 90 and feel like we have been hoodwinked by this company and want to know where I stand as I am the only one who has a contract and want to continue with care

Yes well, I think you need to defend your position and be careful you do not put yourself in the dispute between the client C and the introducer Party A. You just continue providing the service to the client and ask them to pay you directly for your past service. The client can then resolve the dispute with the introducer as they want, or indeed if they want. You then carry on providing the service to the client. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you that has helped alot