Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I reached out to you regarding harassment and abuse from a

I reached out to you regarding harassment and abuse from a neighbour and you suggested I issue a cease and desist order which I have done and seemed to work for a couple of weeks, however I’m now started to again receive unwanted communications, you advised I come back to you if I needed to take it a step further and apply to the court, however as it’s more than 7 days you suggested I ask a new question. FYI I’m in the UK as I couldn’t see a drop down for UK. Thanks

Hi, thank you for your message. Welcome, my name is***** am very sorry you are experiencing this and I hope I can help you today. If you feel harassed you should contact the police with evidence and they will investigate the matter for your. You will be asked to provide them a statement and they will notify you if they arrest/charge the person. If the matter is brought to court the judge may award a restraining order against him preventing the person to contact you. A restraining order is made by the criminal court to prevent a person from contacting or pursuing a course of conduct with another person. The order is designed to protect the person named from crime against an individual and they can be made on conviction or acquittal of any criminal offence. Any person convicted or acquitted (found innocent or not proven) of a criminal offence can be made subject of a restraining order. You can find your local police here: https://www.police.uk/contact/

I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in dealing with this matter. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have further questions regarding this matter. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you. Best wishes.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!