How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 79554
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Sorry I'm looking for a good socilitor experienced in

Customer Question

Hi sorry I'm looking for a good socilitor experienced in coercive control who would accept legal aid
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: North east
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: He's on bail for coercive control. Children are with him. I had to flee for my mental health. Saw them daily before bail. Now he is stopping me from doing so. Police saying it's not him stopping me it's because the kids don't wanna see me and my boyfriend. They only saw him twice in the presence of my ex. That's not the issue, he doesn't facilitate any kind of contact.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know sorry
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Sorry, what do you want the solicitor to do?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Help me understand what I need to do next and what my chances are to see my children. Also understand what the whole persecution process against him should be. Police aren't getting in touch much.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Sorry I can't affor the phone call right now.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

Thats nothing to do with the police obviously?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The police have a case of coercive control against him
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
No one is telling me what will happen next
Expert:  Jo C. replied 16 days ago.

I can tell you about The criminal aspect but I won't know anything about the family

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Without the information I asked for I can only give you a general answer but I hope this helps.

If you are the complainant then you cannot get a solicitor on legal aid or otherwise. You just make a report to the police, they investigate and CPS take a view.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.