james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My brother has just been arrested, how can I go about

Customer Question

My brother has just been arrested, how can I go about getting him a public defender? and will our house be raided?
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: i’m not sure about the charges it’s not for me
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: shooter’s hill
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it free of charge?
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay thank you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I just to get a public defender with him
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can’t afford to pay for the phone call i apologise

When your brother arrives at the police custody centre, he will as part of the booking in process be offered free and independent legal advice. That means he will be able to see the dirt solicitor who would represent him for free.

The duty solicitor is not part of the police we are completely independent form the police, they just happen to cover custody cases for those arrested and want a free solicitor.

As for the house being searched, that would depend on the reason for the arrest.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm not sure why he's been arrested to be honest
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
is there any way you could locate where he's been taken in if I give you his name?

Sorry, would not have access to that sort of information. He would have been taken to the nearest local police custody centre for your police force.