Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I ask to my employer to rest sabbath no response, WITH MY

Customer Question

I ask to my employer to rest sabbath no response
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: WITH MY EMPLOYER ONLY WAIT FOR THE RESPONSE 3 WEEKS WITH REQUEST FORM
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: EMPLOYEE BUSDRIVER
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: HOW MUCH WILL COST
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: I LIVE IN UK
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

How long have you worked there for? Please note this is not always an instant service so I may not be able to reply immediately. Rest assured that I am dealing with your query and will get back to you the same day. Thanks

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I was wondering if you have had a chance to consider my query above please? I will need your response before I provide an accurate answer to your situation. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only provide you with the following general response, which will hopefully still answer your query. As Sabbath is a religious holiday, you can always argue that the employer is expected under the Equality Act 2010 to make necessary adjustments to prevent you from being placed at a disadvantage due to your religion. So if Christians are allowed to get Christmas and Easter off, usually because the workplace is closed anyway, then you should be allowed to take that time off for Sabbath, even if it means using up your holidays in the process.

However, you may find that you are not allowed to take time off every week for it, assuming you want to do that. They are only expected to make reasonable adjustments, so if it becomes unreasonable, such as not enough staff to cover every time you are off, they could refuse.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 9 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.