How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3712
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I have submitted a non molestation application today. What

Customer Question

I have submitted a non molestation application today. What do I need to next with regard to this? Thanks ***** need to instruct a solicitor or can I do this myself and do I need to call the court on Monday to confirm receipt of the application and ask how it proceeds?
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

If you made the application today online, then you need do nothing else.

It will be processed and sent to the local court.

If granted an ex parte order would be made and served on the other person.

This will tell them what they cannot do.

A date will thence set by the court for the formal hearing to take place either in court or more likely with covid19 by phone conference.

You can either represent yourself for the hearing as a litigant in person or instruct a solicitor. You may be able to secure legal aid.

It may be helpful to instruct a local solicitor who specialises in this area of law. You can find a local firm using the Law Society website.

Once on that website, you can click on the find a solicitor option located just above the Law Society logo. Select quick search, then select the area of law required and enter your post code. A list of local firms will then be displayed.