james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can you help me concerning fraudulent matters, UK, A bank

Customer Question

Can you help me concerning fraudulent matters
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: A bank account has been locked and I don’t know what to do whether I should call them try getting it unlocked ,attempt to close the account or just leave it I just want to do all I can to stop getting a cifas
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  james bruce replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Whether you get a cifas or not is outside your control.

Therefore, if someone has been attempting to gain entry to your account, certainly notify your bank and see what the issue is and get the bank to work with you to resolve the problem.

If the account is locked, you would not be able to close it. So speaking to the bank is your best and safest option.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No one is attempting to get into the account but if I speak to them would it not make it more likely for me to get a cifas as they may do an investigation into it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is what we discuss confidential

You question on line here can be read by others but no personal information is shown.

The bank would report such a matter anyway if they think your account has been subject to fraud, why else would they close it? the only reason banks really freeze accounts are because they suspect it is being used or attempting ti be used be someone else, or the owner of the account has misused the account, or they have a legal request by the police or court to freeze the account.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Do you know if you are able to close a frozen bank account

No, if the account has been frozen then you have no access to it. The bank would have to unfreeze the account before you could close it.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I see okay thank you

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.