james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

As my brother got the right to accuse me of stealing my mums

As my brother got the right to accuse me of stealing my mums money out of her bank after her death when my money was in the account as well but was not a joint account ???
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I gave mom 7k a number of years ago as I couldn’t open an account at this time and I was thinking of going bankrupt
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Mom opened the account with 7k off me and 5 k of her own
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I know we should av had a joint account my dad knew about it as well
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She got Alzheimer’s about 4 years after she opened it for us and dad asked me to deal with it all as he couldn’t
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Dad gave her some of the money to put in her £4K deposit
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I know the sort of person my brother is let’s say a nasty piece of work that he’s going to complain to the police
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The answers I got a few days ago were not fully explained to me
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
My dad doesn’t talk to my brother and neither do I
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just to confirm the 7k I gave mom was to put in the account but over the years I spent it
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can u help please ??
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’m from the uk

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I av no money I spent it a few days on here and got nothing for my money
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can u help
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Please can u reply as I’m poorly and need to sleep
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can u leave me a email please with my answer from u I v to go now

As the bank account was in your mother’s sole name and not in joint my names, on her death the account and ALL monies in the account become part of her estate. You have no legal right to the money in the account.

The money belongs to the executors to distribute to the beneficiaries of the estate.

If you have accessed the account after the death of your mother, then yes you have illegally removed the money from an account you were not authorised to access.

The reason you claim for putting money into the account could also be as an attempt to deceive and avoid creditors if you did go bankrupt.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok but I didn’t go bankrupt so I was not trying to avoid anyone I and brother r joint executors on the will and it is just her house we Av to come jointly meanwhile I gave dad back all money that did not belong to me ??
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
There r no more beneficiaries of the will ??

As your fathers name was not on the account either, he had no legal right to the money form the account.

If you gave this money to your father from the estate then the other executor can ask that the same amount is deducted from you share as you had no legal right to give this money away form the estate.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok thanks

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you very much

your welcome.