F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My mother has died intestate. My Stepbrother and sister

My mother has died intestate. My Stepbrother and sister applied for probate with stepsister being granted executor of letters of administration without me knowing. I have sent her an email asking why and letting her know I know the rules of intestacy giving her 7 days to respond. but I do not have any other way of communication. Can you do anything to help me and how much would this cost?
JA: The Expert's answer will cost $10 to $100, depending on the issue type and time to respond. You'll see the exact amount on the next page and can decide then. It's way less expensive and more convenient than any face-to-face visit.
Customer: Are you based in the UK? $ Please let me know how much and if you can help
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Only the Letters of admin document
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: This is a fractious family. My sister has someone asking about buying my mother's house and is not bothered about the law as long as she can get what she wants

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

what does the estate consist of - property/savings/goods?

and are these both step siblings?

and did you try to get letters of admin as it was your mother?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
They are both stepsiblings. Mums house is worth about £200K. I did not apply for letters of administration as I have been told for a long time that there is a Will and my niece and stepbrother were beneficiaries. Is it too late to make my own application?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Try again
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Have you taken the £44 for the phone conversation?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can you please refund my £44 if you are not going to call me

We spoke