How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4042
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I have my ex who has moved back into my house and refusing

This answer was rated:

I have my ex who has moved back into my house and refusing to leave
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Coventry
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing needs advice on what to do
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. Is this a jointly owned house? Or are you married?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No not a jointly and are divorced
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No not now need an advice first then wil decide

Whose name is ***** ***** in, yours or his?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My name

If you are actually divorced, as in the decree absolute has been pronounced, then he has no right to be in the home and you can evict him. Just put him out, you don't need a court order.

If he thinks that he has a claim against the house, then he will need to make an application to the court for a financial settlement. This should really have been done once the decree nisi was pronounced, but it's not too late for him to make a claim if he wants to, but if the DA has been pronounced and you are now divorced, his previous home rights which would have allowed him to live in the property if he choose have ended.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Do i need to involve the force mean Police

It's a civil matter, the police won't be interested.

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
ok thanks a lot
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I will talk to her and if still refuses what do i have to do
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
i have kids at home and hate disputes in front of my kids and shouting to disturb other neighbours

Are these children yours and hers?

Who is the main carer of them?

I cannot see your response, can you repeat it please.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No i have 2 with her and i am the carer of everyone including her

To be clear, she moved back in with the children, or was she living alone elsewhere?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
One has been with me in Italy for 15 years before moving here together and she flown in with the little one from Ghana in September 2019
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
On her arrival here things started going the other way so had to send her back home and had to divorce , and flown back here without even informing me that she was coming , she flew from Ghana here without my knowledge knowing we were divorced because she has a copy of the divorce but still came , i was here before applying to bring her to join me.

Sounds messy.

I suggest you see a solicitor to sort out the marital finances. Clearly you cannot throw her out if she has a child of yours to look after.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
But I am the one caring for the child she is not working i have other kids which are not hers that I am catering for

I can only provide you with advice/guidance, which I have done. If her name is ***** ***** the property and you are officially divorced you can ask her to leave.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ok thanks as i have been goung through stress a lot and going to work only felt sleepy yesterday since the past days i am not getting any sleep so sorry I left the conversation.

No problem. All the best.

If you have future questions, you can request me by putting FORCustomerONLY in the subject heading.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Ah ok thanks a lot