How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2144
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Please. I am moving flats and I am about to sign the new

This answer was rated:

hello. Yes, please. I am moving flats and I am about to sign the new rental contract. I am self employed therapist and sometimes I used to work from home before the covid restrictions. I wonder if when everything changes I will able to treat some clients from home, this is very rare as I am working from a clinic, but want to keep all my options open as the circumstances have not been great for me. The contract said something.....
JA: Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: HR?
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: self employed
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I could let you know exactly what the contract says......
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

I will go through your question and will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
great thanks. I could let you know what the contract says.....
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
let us type then...

Hi there,

It is perfectly legal to do some business from the residential property, The property must remain residential first and foremost, which often means no more than 40% of it should be used for commercial purposes.

In rented accommodation, a tenant must have the landlord’s permission in writing for running business from residential property.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i will

I would suggest checking with the Landlord first and notifying him that you are intending to attend some of your clients from the rented accommodation.

And get that approval in writing.

Or get that incorporated in the tenancy agreement .

I hope this helps.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Best wishes.

Vineet S and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Right now, it is not allowed to run a business from the rented accommodation, and the property can only be used for residential purpose.

So, you need to get the tenancy agreement amended or get the written approval to see your business clients at the rented accommodation.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Kindest regards.