Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Royal London Life Ins, Has Certified Bank Draft #XXXXX, For

Royal Lon***** *****fe Ins , Has Certified Bank Draft #XXXXX
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: For Benjamin E XXXXX Amount L10,XXXXXX . They are asking for cost of notariztion is L1,575.15GBP and can not deducted from the ckeck. Could you reperzent me, in this transzation Ref; XXXXXXX. Date;XXXXX Acc.#XXXXXX(late cousin) Craig Peter Cardinal Email *****@******.*** Cell #XXXXXX I'm in Georgetown Texas 78633 I need help with this matter, What is your fee$$$ need to talk if possible London time is 7:00 pm -- Texas time 11:00 am.
JA: What steps have they taken so far?
Customer: what is email I will send photo of Draft
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: is this a scam with Royal LondonDetail Required: HIGH

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

The facts indicate that this is very likely to be a scam, specifically the type known as ‘advance-fee fraud’. That is because the victim is asked to make advance payments before anything they have been promised materialises.

As there are numerous variations of such scams, the best way to explain how they work is to identify certain 'red flags' which are often present in their build-up. The following are the most common ones:

- Someone contacts you and promises you a sum of money. You are unlikely to have ever been involved with the persons/organizations concerned so it would be unexpected. Also the email addresses from which they have contacted you are not official and not linked to the organizations in question

- Before you are able to receive the promised amount, you are asked to pay a sum of money. There are various reasons quoted for this, such as taxes, clearance fees, administrative costs, legal fees, etc. This is where the advance payment part of the scam comes in.

- Tempted by their promises, the requested fees are paid in good faith.

- However, once the money has been sent, the fraudsters either stop all contact and run away with your money, or they return and ask for further fees for different, often unexpected, reasons

In summary, if an unknown person contacts you out of the blue and promises you money but asks you to pay them something in advance, whatever the reasons, you basically know it is a scam. Avoid temptation, no matter how good it may sound and remember the old saying – ‘If it is too good to be true, it probably isn’t’.

The key now is to not proceed any further with this. Cease all communications with them and certainly do not send money if asked to, no matter what they say.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thanks , its what I though

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best