james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

I am in a normal situation for most of the people but for me

Hi there ! I am in a normal situation for most of the people but for me its special because its first time . Yesterday at work a colleague hited me with an object and i didt say a thing . After i pushed the object back ( not in him ,in the opposite way) he started to insult me . After a couple of more insults i just grab him from the jacket and i said go away . I did NOT punched him or slapped or anything that can be consideren a hit . Can i have problems because of this or am I going to jail ? My anxiety is going crazy right now . The police was not involved , they just suspended us both to investigate the matter. Please help me with an answer
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Its sounds a little childish to be honest but i am afraid of anything,this is how i am unfortunately

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

If you colleague hit you deliberately with the object that cn be considered an assault and could be reported to the management and or the police.

His insults could also be seen as a form of bullying and harassment that you can formally report to the management.

When you grabbed him, without his permission, even though you never hit him, it is still an act of common assault. He could report you to the management or to the police.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
if he will decide to report me i can have big problems? I didnt have even a fine in my life, iwas not involved in any conflicts at all
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Problems with the police i mean
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am afraid now every time that any day he can report me to the police
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Manager said that i m overthinking to much as this is not a “jail” situation ,its most a matter of job situation that i can lose my job . However i wanted to ask an expert like you about this because this is my biggest fear

If you have both been suspended from work then it is likely to remain a works matter. He would be silly reporting you to the police as he actually assaulted you first.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you mister James ! I was really stressed about this as i dont want problems, i want kids and family, not to go in prison because i grabbed someone that insulted me . But i will never touch anyone again!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
A final question and i will leave you with a 5 star brilliant review! A family related told me that even he would call the police, it id unlike for the police actually to charge me for this as i dont even have the smallest record of anything. Is that true ?

It is unlikely the police will be involved. If they are and they want to interview you then you would need to attend an interview. You wold explain what happened accept you grabbed him but did not hit him and you only grabbed him after he had assaulted you and continued to give you abuse. It is very likely the police would give you a caution and that would be the end of the matter. YOU WILL NOT go to prison don't worry.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
THANK YOU ! This is what i wanted to hear ! God blease you mister James and have a good evening ! Stay safe and take care !
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Brilliant man, thank you !
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Bless** sorry for my enthusiasm

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.