JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Ive got an issue with lloyds bank I had an bussines account

HiIve got an issue with lloyds bank
I had an bussines account with them from oct 2016 till nov 2020 when they take the decision to close the account
I had around 46k in the account on that time, 2 loans and an overdraft
They allowed me to move 36k on another account
I contact lloyds several times to ask them how i can pay the loans monthly and yhey advice not to worry because they will open an account where i can pay the loan. They didnt and in 18.12 they send me 3 letters
1 the first loan must be paid in full because i mist the payments
2 the bbl must be paid in full because i misleading
3 ive got minus 2700 on the account i dont know from whereI try to make a complain but they refuse to register the complain for what i needWhat i can do?

Good evening, this is Jim and thanks for the question. .

I haven't heard of a bank refusing to register a complaint - they are obliged to do this if they are to maintain their authorisation by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). As they have not done so, therefore, you need to report the bank to the FCA tomorrow morning on 0800(###) ###-####
Given the bank has also failed to deal with your complaint, you can now involve the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) who will liaise with the bank and investigate the circumstances - the Ombudsman will hopefully uphold your complaint and their decision is binding on Lloyds. If the Ombudsman did not uphold your complaint then the last resort would be to sue Lloyds for your money back if they retain any funds. It shouldn't get to this point though.
The FOS's website where you can now submit the complaint is here:

I hope this helps - let me know if you have any other questions about how to deal with the dispute with Lloyds.

Have a good evening,
Jim