SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Last august there was 4x transactions removed from my

Hi there. So last august there was 4x transactions removed from my business account of £144 (I’m self employed), so I questioned this and my bank withdrew the money and opened an investigation. The investigation was then closed at the end of September 2020 as the recipient was legit and the money was sent across automatically. I have since received multiple phone calls from the company since the 3rd of February threatening a ccj order as they are saying they haven’t been paid. The fraud team of my bank have provided me with evidence to say the transactions were made. I have sent these on by post to them and I’ve requested any information they have on me back. I haven’t heard anything since but I am worried about the threat of the ccj. Is there anything else I can do to help myself in this situation? Many thanks! Joel
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: I live in wales but the other company is in England
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not yet I don’t think
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think that’s good, thanks!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, I was just wondering if you had any advice on my question above please? Many thanks

Good morning, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is it possible to just get the free advice please?

If you have the evidence of the payments being made, you should not worry because you can defend the claim. A CCJ is not automatically secured, they must send your a letter of claim which you will reply to attaching the evidence of the transfers. They will then have to file the claim to the court and again you get the opportunity to defend it. They will threaten action but it does not mean they have a valid claim you can defend it. If I can clarify further please do not hesitate to send your follow up question. All the best.