How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7654
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I was married in Switzerland and wife lives there still but

This answer was rated:

I was married in Switzerland and wife lives there still but I have been in England for 2 plus years . I want to get a divorce in England . Do court charge more for sending petition to Switzerland/ I have a current address for her . Is there anything else that I should know? Thanks

Hello, my name is***** for your patience.

I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once and this is an email service, but I will review your question and respond to you as soon as I can, as your question is very important to me. I hope that I can help you resolve your issue today. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

There should not be an extra charge for sending the petition overseas, as far as I am aware.

I do suggest however that you use the online application service, as the response pack can be served electronically and responses filled in online that way - which will make the process more straightforward.

Be aware that you need to consider the financial arrangements and this would normally start with mediation, which may be tricky due to the overseas angle. If your spouse is willing to mediate then this can be arranged via telephone, of course.

I hope that this helps.

I hope that this answers your question?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We have agreed finances and child arrangements so do not need mediation I don’t think just a consent order I think thanks

That's great news. Solicitors or barristers can assist you with drafting the consent order, which you both need to sign to confirm it is agreed. If this is something you need assistance with do let me know as I may be able to provide a quote, outside this forum.

Kind regards, Peter

plclegal and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter