F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

A neighbouring property has right of way over my path to use

A neighbouring property has right of way over my path to use his garden. He is keeping pigs there at present to break up the land, is he legally allowed to block off the right of way to herd his pigs into a lorry.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Only found out he was going to move the pigs this morning via bush telegraph. His attitude when he had Covid positive was that it was his garden his right of way he could do what he likes.
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: I have a cottage, one three, the middle garden was sold with the cottage further down the road. this is a country situation and the cottage owner does own the field on the other side of the hedge to the rear of the garden plot
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you Sorry should have said my cottage is three now turned into one and the middle garden was sold with another cottage further down the road.

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

how long have you been there?

and him?

what do you mean he blocks off right of way?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
He is in intending to block off my pathway to remove his pigs. Only has access to tend the garden.