How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 18338
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

Mum passed away n my brother wants to move out n he wants

This answer was rated:

Mum passed away n my brother wants to move out n he wants half worth of the money, otherwise he is forcing me to sell the house.. is that allowed?
JA: Has your brother talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your brother live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: UK, we both live here
JA: What steps has your brother taken so far?
Customer: He wants half of money soon otherwise he said he is gonna get a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a single mum, I can't give him money right away

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

did you mother leave a Will?

are you both the only beneficiaries?

and what is the problem with selling and giving him his share?

F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No will