F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Mum passed away n my brother wants to move out n he wants

Mum passed away n my brother wants to move out n he wants half worth of the money, otherwise he is forcing me to sell the house.. is that allowed?
JA: Has your brother talked to a lawyer about this? What country does your brother live in? If different, what country does this legal question relate to?
Customer: UK, we both live here
JA: What steps has your brother taken so far?
Customer: He wants half of money soon otherwise he said he is gonna get a lawyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am a single mum, I can't give him money right away

Welcome to Just Answer.

I will be happy to assist with your question today. I need some time to consider this and compose a response. There is NO need to wait online because you will get an email when I respond. Sometimes it will be minutes, sometimes longer.

I apologise for any unavoidable delay, but rest assured I have not forgotten your question.

did you mother leave a Will?

are you both the only beneficiaries?

and what is the problem with selling and giving him his share?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No will