Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Cancellation of a wine order, I ordered and paid for some

cancellation of a wine order
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I ordered and paid for some wine in December. The wine company (Italy) have cancelled it and I should contact Groupon to be recompensed. I have contacted Groupon
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: who say I can have credit notes. I wish to receive the cash I have paid out. Can I insist on cash?
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have all the details of the transaction an groupon agree that the wine firm have cancelled.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Why was the order cancelled? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Order cancelled I presume because of lockdown problems in Italy

Hi please confirm when you are available for a call, thank you

As I have not been able to contact you over the phone I will reply on here instead.

If the order was cancelled by the retailer, you will have the tight to receive a refund using the same method of payment you used to make the initial purchase. If they are not refunding you as they should then you can eventually consider whether to take this matter further and even pursue it through the legal route, such as the Small Claims Court.

The main complication would be who your claim is against – the retailer or Groupon. You need to check your terms of purchase to see if they state who the contract is with and whether Groupon only acts as an intermediary and the official contract is between you and the retailer. If that is the case then you have to go after the retailer but as they are in Italy that will make things more complex to pursue. You can still make a claim in the English courts and then if you obtain judgment in your favour, you can take steps to transfer it to Italy and enforce it there against the company.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.