How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4036
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

Im having problems with my daughters mother at the moment.

This answer was rated:

Hi,im having problems with my daughters mother at the moment.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm I Ashton-under-lyne
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted social services regards ***** ***** my 9 year old daughter has told me about problems at her mum's house
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want advice on if I am able to keep my daughter with me because mum is demanding her back

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next.

If you and the other parent cannot agree you can try mediation as a first port of call; you will need to attend a MIAM at the very least before applying to court. If mediation is unsuccessful or the other parent won’t engage, the mediator will sign your form and you will be able to apply to court for a child arrangements order.

You do this on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless you are on a low income or benefits in which case you may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form:

If you have safeguarding concerns about the child in her mother's care, then you can retain her, but you must make the above application, otherwise the moment the child is back in the mother's care, she'll retain her, and you will find you are both using your child as the rope in a tug of war each trying to keep the child whenever they have her. Getting the court involved will ensure that someone investigates properly and an order is made according to whatever is discovered.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
SASH_Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you