RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

I hit a road repair with my car at approx. 7.30 pm on

I hit a road repair with my car at approx. 7.30 pm on 16/03/20. I got in contact with West Lothian Council at the time, to say that should a Motorcycle hit this repair, it would be a Fatal Accident they would be dealing with and not Tyres and Wheels. There were no cones round repair, which had been cut out by means of a Styhl saw, to a depth of 8 to 10 inches. When I went down the next morning at 10 / 10.30 am the repair was completed with cones round same and a Police Slow sign approx 40 / 50 yards in prior to the repair. I have tried to make a claim against W.L.C. to no avail. They passed me onto Gallacher / Basset who are their Claims Handlers, and have had several phone calls and emails with same once again to no avail. W.L.C. are saying they did not have any road repairs going on in that area. So in one or more emails Isaid it must have been the ROAD FAIRY who carried out these repairs. I have time dated photos of the night in question and the finished repair the next morning.My name is***** 30 Drummond Place Blackridge EH48 3SF.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Yes I have spoken to my Union Lawer. who told me to get in touch with Citizens Advice. I live in Scotland.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None other than dealing with Council and their Claims Handlers
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not realy.

Welcome and thank you for choosing our service, I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today. I appreciate this matter is important to you and I shall try to resolve it as precisely and quickly as possible for you today.

Please note; there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website all work on a third party basis and are not online full time however, I shall endeavour to respond to your question as soon as possible. I look forward to assisting you in this matter.

Thank you for the information. If you have made the complaints to the council and they are refusing to deal with, or even acknowledge the situation then you can move forward to a court action. If you are claiming for damages to the car then you could do this via the small claims process.

You can complete the forms for a small claims action easily online. You will have to highlight what the issues are and tell them how much you are claiming for, to be honest the first are straight forward and self-explanatory. If you feel you can do this yourself then you don’t really need to hire a solicitor but I will provide details for you in case you feel you want to. You will then receive a response to the claim and a court date. On the day (unless they offer a settlement) you will appear at the local court and basically provide your evidence and give you claim to the judge and they will response. The judge will assess the merits of the claim and defence and make a judgement this should be relatively easy for you to prove so the respondent may well offer a settlement in the meantime.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

If you require any help moving forward on this matter in the future, please do feel free to come back to us and I would be more than happy to assist.

Kindest Regards.