How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3712
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

My parents had a will with Nat West bank acting as

This answer was rated:

Hi my parents had a will with Nat West bank acting as executors, however looking at their terms and conditions they want something like 8k to administer probate which I dont have. I want them to renounce the probate they said they would send a discharge form, but then went on to send a managed Probate Form, Estate Administration Form, which has taken three weeks. Can you advise me on how to ask the to relinquish their executorship.? Three weeks to send out the wrong form I think is incompetent, so now do not trust them to do best practice.
JA: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: St Marys Bay Dymchurch Kent England
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: I have the will stating them as executors, but there is no way my parent would have agreed to such an excessive fee if they had known.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have lodged a complaint with the bank as Hugh James Lawyers act for them and I thought they should be made aware how they are treating me.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you just tell me where i stand with regard to them discharging as executors
Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Ask your parents selected the bank to act as executors, then unless they act illegally there is no obligation on the bank to step down. Professional companies do charge professional fees for probate, these fees come out of the estate not from you personally. The costs would have been explained to the will makers at the time.

However, if the bank are actually willing to step aside, that is good, errors do happen so if they sent the wrong form, simply contact the department dealing with probates at the bank and request they send the correct form.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Are you there?

I am not available for calls but can chat here.

james bruce and 5 other Law Specialists are ready to help you