UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Question regarding travel insurance coverage in COVID

Question regarding travel insurance coverage in COVID situations
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: England
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Claim submitted and this has been very poorly rejected, allegation text submitted and awaiting for response
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Sorry to hear this.

What do you wish to ask please?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I want to ask what are the steps to claim this, within the UK, is there an arbitration process prior to initiate legal actions? this has been very poorly dealt with as you can see from their decline letter and my reclaim response

I would advise you to lodge a formal complaint with the insurer, see here for the procedure: https://www.axa-assistance.co.uk/travelinsurancecomplaintsprocedure

You may escalate the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service if your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction as explained in the above link.

All the best

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
is there a ground for my claim in accordance with the two PDF submitted? Is there a legal precedent when T&Cs have been miss used in benefit of the insurer?

I am afraid I cannot comment on the merits of your claim, that is beyond the scope of this forum. I have given you the way forward to proceed from here.

All the best

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
What is the current jurisprudence within England in regards ***** ***** decisions agains insurers on COVID coverage?

This judgement of the Supreme Court will be of interest to you: https://www.supremecourt.uk/cases/docs/uksc-2020-0177-judgment.pdf

I am now going offline.

Good luck with your complaint.