How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask james bruce Your Own Question
james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3813
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
Type Your Law Question Here...
james bruce is online now

I am a pensioner, would my sister also pensioner loose her

This answer was rated:

I am a pensioner, would my sister also pensioner loose her benefits if I moved in with her
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kingston
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No Thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
She is living in housing associations under Royal Borough of kingston

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Yes it is possible that some benefits could be affected, Council tax and housing benefits are two that spring to mind to start with.

It would of course depend on the types of benefits that you both receive.

If you have any concerns if your different types of benefits will be affected then you can speak to DWP who would be happy to discuss your personal circumstances with you and what if any benefits would be affected.

DWP customer service number 0800(###) ###-####/p>

james bruce and other Law Specialists are ready to help you