SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

How could I word this contract so that all information

How could I word this contract so that all information previous to the signing of this would also be confidential/copyrighted to myself, the client
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
also this contract delves into more detail on the copyright and IP but is U.S. based, is there any way to combine the two in the UK one?
Thank you for requesting me.I have looked at the templates.You can rely simply upon one contract without going into the individual countries regulations.The first one is good and you can simply add a clause stating that all matters discussed and work undertaken prior to this contract falls within the contract for the purposes of confidentiality and ownership.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
amazing!! thank you
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
even if the second one has a lot on IP, what makes it so?
The copyright is the real issue if that is settled then the IP doesn't really play a part because there would not be any licensing issues to deal with.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Understood, thank you.